Wednesday, January 31, 2007

FIRE IN MY ROOM

The newest exciting event in my life here in philly. Let me start from the beginning. So the other night I was having a hard time falling asleep, due to the coffee i drank at 7 pm. Since i couldn't fall a sleep i decided to read some. I turned on a the smallest light in my room to give off enough light but not to much. After reading a little i decided to go downstairs on my computer and talk to my good friend Madie on the internet. I was talking to her for a little bit when i start to hear a loud beep upstairs. I thought my cell phone was on vibrate so I was confused why it was so loud. All of a sudden my roommate yells, " Is there a fire, is that the fire alarm?!" So i made a mad dash up stairs thinking, it couldn't be, what would be on fire. When I get to the top of the stairs i see smoke pouring out of my slightly cracked door. I open the door to find my room and now lungs are filled with smoke and a large fire is on the lamp I left on. I realize that the towel on the lamp had caught fire. So i did what anyone would do, grabbed the flaming towel. At this points both of my roommates where standing out side of their doors wondering what all the smoke was from. I came running out of my room ,waving around a flaming towel, and into the bathroom. Granted, it caught them off guard, me with fire and all.

One of my roommates who had not fully woken up said, " Is Chris on fire. Chris are you on fire."

I hadn't said a word since i heard the smoke alarm go off. So i was thinking if i was on fire wouldn't i be screaming or at least making a noise?

either way i Got the flaming towel in the bath tub and stomped out some flaming embers. The lamp was melted and there is a large burnt crescent on my wall. But besides that the damage was minimal. So it was an eventful morning to say the least. But it was a good.

So the moral of the story is, CHECK YOU FIRE ALARMS!! they save lives.

pictures of the after math.






5 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Dude, great story. About ten days left huh?

7:53 AM  
Blogger Madie said...

funny funny funny

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy man, crazy. glad you are ok though.

1:23 PM  
Blogger K. Myers said...

dang, that's crazy! im glad you are ok!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

where you dawg? you should blog again.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home